Is it our biological destiny to seek the divine? Is faith in a higher power a survival trait? On God and the Brain, Dr. Andrew Newberg presents intriguing evidence that the human brain is a "believing machine"—and that our capacity for self-transcendence and spirituality helps drive our evolution as a species.
This pioneer of brain studies presents the first audio course on his groundbreaking research into the fascinating links between faith, neurobiology, and the mysteries of the psyche, including:
- Why this emerging science enriches both the faithful and the skeptical
- How prayer and meditation enhance your health—tips for tailoring a spiritual regimen that suits your individual needs
- How the world's spiritual paths uniquely shape the brain and mind
- The "myth-making brain"—the survival value of our storytelling and human imagination
- The biology of forgiveness—why this critical spiritual skill is so important to your physical and psychological wellness