This is Jon Kabat-Zinn’s most comprehensive audio program on mindfulness. It combines gentle guidance with conversational narratives weaving together science, poetry, and the art of living—all in the service of deepening your appreciation of the workability of the present moment, no matter how hard or challenging your circumstances.
This moment, when held in awareness with gentleness and self-compassion, has the potential for catalyzing, healing, and transforming your life. Mindfulness meditation is both a discipline and an adventure. This program accompanies you on that adventure as you become your own most trusted friend and guide. With a spirit of humor and exploration, Jon Kabat-Zinn invites us to learn and cultivate various applications of mindfulness in everyday living, just as you might cultivate a garden. These include:
- Making use of your senses to amplify perceptual awareness, embodied presence, mental clarity, and contentment in the timeless present we call now
- Recognizing emotional patterns that trigger suffering and learning ways to restore emotional balance
- Realizing how each moment can be a branch point—a portal into a new way of being that invites you to enter
- Practical ways for bringing greater mindfulness and heartfulness into your relationships, work, and parenting
- Step-by-step guidance through basic mindfulness practices including mindfulness of breathing and body sensations, mindful eating, gentle yoga, and lovingkindness
Adventures in Mindfulness will teach you how to befriend yourself as you are in this moment, in your fullness, and rediscover your intrinsic beauty and wholeness.
- Free yourself from auto-pilot and find a new sense of freedom and vitality
- Breathing, a gateway to mindfulness
- Movement-based meditations, yoga, and body-scanning practice
- A lovingkindness meditation session
- Responding to stress instead of reacting: how to bring mindful presence to difficult situations
- Opening into stillness, wholeness, and interconnectedness
- Twelve immersive sessions on seven CDs